How to connect my TP-Link Smart Plug ?
TP-Link smart devices could be controlled by Kasa App locally and remotely. This means we can easily make the house smart. This guide will introduce the way to connect the TP Link Smart Plug into the home system.
Notice: If a Apple device is IOS 14 or over, please have the"Neighborhood Network" enabled first after the FAQ
Before we start:
1. Please download Kasa Smart out of App Store or Google Play and install it on your smartphone.
2. Connect your smartphone to your home Wi-Fi network
3. Plug your Smart Plug to a power socket.
Here we require HS100 for instance.
Steps to configure TP-Link Smart Plug through Kasa App.
1. Open the Kasa App and login to your cloud accounts.
A.Login the Kasa App with your cloud accounts.
2. Add your Smart Plug on kasa program. Tap "+" and"Insert a Apparatus", then click on "Smart plug" and choose an icon according to your version number.
3. Follow the instruction on the Kasa program to electricity on the HS100, await the Wi-Fi light blinking orange and green.
If the light do not blinking orange and green, please refresh the HS100 as per UG/QIG.
4. There's a gap between Android along with iOS telephone within this step.
For Android: Kasa will search for your Kasa Cam mechanically, and it will take about a moment.
If you have problem in this step, please go to Settings->Wi-Fi in your smart phone and manually connect to HS100's Wi-Fi system (like iOS).
To iOS: Now you have to connect to the HS100's Wi-Fi system manually, then please go to Settings- > >Wi-Fi in your smart phone and link to HS100's Wi-Fi network (which named as TP-LINK_Smart Plug_XXXX), then go back to your own Kasa app to keep the setup process.
5. Connect the wise Plug for your home network. If you cannot find your house network in the Wi-Fi listing, please click "Join Other Network" that on the bottom of the Wi-Fi list, then input your house network SSID and password manually. Following this step, your smart plug will be linked to your home network.
6. Reserve your smartphone that is smart.
7. Customize a icon for this Smart Plug. We can pick an icon from the list, or select in the "Albums" of your smartphone or take a photo.
Then enjoy your intelligent plug.
8. Click on the wise Plug icon, you can view a page just like below, and you'll be able to configure the advanced settings such as Schedule/Away/Timer.
9. Tap to join the port of Device Settings, click on"Name and Icon" will edit the name and icon of the intelligent plug, click on"Device Info" can view the fundamental information of this smart plug.